Can you put a TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
Bioethanol fires produce around 3 kWh of real heat from a real live flame, so we always advise heaps of caution when considering the positioning of a biofire near to any furniture or electronic items. Having said that we are aware that many customers have positioned a biofire underneath a TV, in order to achieve a very aesthetically pleasing interior design effect. If you are going to do this, please at least bare in mind:
- Only do so with a fireplace with closed tops (e.g our Woodburner range or our wall mounted range that have a ‘roof’ and the flame is enclosed).
- Remember, that even with a closed flame or a ‘roof’ , the flame can still behave erratically (e.g. when the door of the biofire is opened, a sudden draft could send the flame in an unexpected direction.
- Recessing the TV into the wall may reduce the impact of any heat on the TV .
- Separate the TV and the fireplace with a heat proof shelf that shields the TV from heat.
- Never put any of the cables or leads from a TV behind your biofire, as they can overheat and become a fire hazard.