Can you put a TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
Bioethanol fires produce around 3 kWh of real heat from a real live flame, so we always advise heaps of caution when considering the positioning of a biofire near to any furniture or electronic items. However, many customers have positioned a biofire underneath a TV, in order to achieve a very aesthetically pleasing interior design effect. If you are going to do this, we suggest you keep the followng in mind as a minimum:
- Only do so with a bioethanol fireplace that has a closed top (e.g our Woodburner range or our wall mounted range that have a ‘roof’ and the flame is enclosed).
- Even with a closed flame or a ‘roof’ , the flame of a bifoire can still behave erratically. For example, when the door of the biofire is opened, a sudden draft could send the flame in an unexpected direction. We therefore suggest a minimum distance of 300mm between the top of the closed-top biofire and the bottom of the TV.
- Recessing the TV into the wall may reduce the impact of any heat on the TV .
- If you are very keen to put the TV or any electronic items closer to the biofire than the suggested 300mm, then we suggest you use a heat / flameproof item to seperate them, such as a shelf with a flameproof covering.
- Never put any of the cables or leads from a TV behind your biofire, as they can overheat and become a fire hazard.