Can I put my TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
We recommend leaving at least 45cm between the television and the fireplace if you’re installing a TV above a bioethanol fireplace. And while bioethanol fireplaces don’t get as hot as traditional wood or coal burners, they still give off plenty of heat, which could damage a TV if hung too close.
Closed-top bioethanol fireplaces
For the safest installation, choose a bioethanol fireplace with a closed top, such as our wall-mounted Marlow range, which adds a stylish, contemporary aesthetic to any room. Alternatively, select one of our wood-burner-style freestanding fireplaces, such as the Hampton or Malvern, for a more traditional finish to your living space.
Keep wires and cables clear of your bioethanol fireplace
When finalising your TV installation project, keep all electrical wires and leads away from your bioethanol fireplace because the housing gets very hot, which could easily cause cords to overheat, creating a fire hazard.
Bioethanol is smoke-free
Bioethanol fuel doesn't create smoke, ash, or soot when burnt. This means a bioethanol fireplace under a TV poses no smoke risk to your equipment.
How our customers have installed their TV above bioethanol fireplaces
Check out our customer pictures to get inspiration for installing a TV above a bioethanol fireplace.
Many of our customers have chosen bioethanol fires to fill a previously unused fireplace inglenook - giving them the beauty and warmth of a real fire without needing a chimney or ventilation.
Wall-mounted bioethanol fireplaces are easy to install. Simply unbox your fireplace and hang it on the wall using the supplied fixtures. Then, fill it with fuel, and you're ready to go.
Our freestanding fireplaces are even easier to install. Just unbox, fill with fuel, and light!
- Do ethanol fireplaces need to be vented?
- The glass on my biofire has been damaged, can I still use it?
- Can I put any cables or leads behind my biofire?
- How do you properly dispose of empty bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly transport bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly transport a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do you properly store bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly dispose of a bioethanol burner?
- How do you safely dispose of bioethanol fuel?
- How should I store the bioethanol fuel?
- Are ethanol fireplaces dangerous?
- Can you put a TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do I extinguish the flame on my biofire?
- Can I pour bioethanol fuel on top of existing fuel?
- Can I put a shelf above the fireplace?
- Will a bioethanol fireplace trigger my smoke alarm?
- Why has the glass shattered on my fireplace?
- Is the flame on a bioethanol fireplace real?
- Can I add an accelerant to the bioethanol fire?
- Why don't the flames go out when i close the shutter ?
- Are log burners dangerous?
- What fire extinguisher should be used in any emergency?