Can I put any cables or leads behind my biofire?
The body of your biofire gets very hot, so we strongly advise you against putting leads or cables behind or underneath your bioethanol fireplace. Heat from the fire can lead to malfunction or even pose a fire risk, especially from power leads. If you absolutely cant avoid putting cables behind a biofire for any reason, we suggest housing them in a fireproof conduit/cable protector.
Can I hang a TV over my bioethanol fireplace?
We recommend leaving at least 45cm between the top of your biofire and a wall-mounted TV — this ensures that your TV set doesn’t overheat.
We recommended placing biofires with a closed top beneath the TV. There are many examples of these in our range.
How much space do I need around my biofire?
Unlike traditional fireplaces, there aren’t currently any regulations dictating the clearance distance between a biofire and the wall or other items.
We recommend leaving at least 60cm above and (if possible) around the sides and front of your biofire.
Never place your bioethanol fire close to combustible materials such as soft furnishing and curtains. Remember that curtains can flap in the breeze from an open window, so make sure there’s at least 1m clearance between your fireplace and the furthest reach of your curtains.
How far from the wall should my biofire be?
If your biofire is portable, it’s OK to store it directly against the wall — however, make sure it has cooled down after use first.
Always leave at least 10cm between the back of the fireplace and your wall — this ensures good air circulation around the fire, assisting it in warming your living space.
- Do ethanol fireplaces need to be vented?
- The glass on my biofire has been damaged, can I still use it?
- How do you properly dispose of empty bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly transport bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly transport a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do you properly store bioethanol fuel bottles?
- Can I put my TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do you properly dispose of a bioethanol burner?
- How do you safely dispose of bioethanol fuel?
- How should I store the bioethanol fuel?
- Are ethanol fireplaces dangerous?
- Can you put a TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do I extinguish the flame on my biofire?
- Can I pour bioethanol fuel on top of existing fuel?
- Can I put a shelf above the fireplace?
- Will a bioethanol fireplace trigger my smoke alarm?
- Why has the glass shattered on my fireplace?
- Is the flame on a bioethanol fireplace real?
- Can I add an accelerant to the bioethanol fire?
- Why don't the flames go out when i close the shutter ?
- Are log burners dangerous?
- What fire extinguisher should be used in any emergency?