Does bioethanol fuel evaporate?
Does my fuel evaporate?
The simple answer is yes.
Bioethanol fuel is mostly alcohol, so it will evaporate over time.
How quickly does ethanol evaporate?
Bioethanol is generally around 96% alcohol, meaning your fuel evaporates fairly rapidly, which is why you buy it in airtight containers.
But there are steps you can follow to minimise evaporation.
How do I prevent ethanol evaporation?
As a rough guide, 1 litre of our high-quality bioethanol fuel lasts around 3-4 hours with the shutter fully open and therefore Half a litre will last around 2 hours in your ethanol fireplace.
You can always refill it if you change your mind, BUT make sure you leave around 30 minutes for the fuel box to cool down completely before adding more fuel.
If fuel remains at the end of your burning session, close the lid of the fuel box to minimise evaporation.
- What are the different types of bioethanol fireplaces?
- Can bioethanol fireplaces be used as a primary heating source?
- How do I light a bioethanol fireplace?
- I didnt receive all my items at same time!
- Are there any emissions from a bioethanol fire?
- Are bioethanol fireplaces safe?
- Do I need the large or small log set?
- What flooring can be used with my biofire?
- Do I need a chimney for a bioethanol fire?
- How does a bio ethanol fireplace work?
- Can you put a TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- Do bioethanol fires produce heat?
- Do Bioethanol Fireplace suites require a hearth?
- Can a biofire be placed flat against a wall?
- How long does bioethanol fuel last?
- Do I need the large or small set of logs for my bio fire?