Are log burners dangerous?
Log burners carry considerably more health and safety risks than biofires, mainly because they are designed to emit a far higher amount of heat, and also they usually burn wood, which of course is a source of smoke and various particulate matter.
They are far more difficult to install, and usually this should only be done by a recognised professional. Nevertheless, if they are installed correctly, and maintained regularly, then they are built to provide a primary source of heat.
Bioethanol fireplaces, on the other hand, are designed for use as a secondary heat source, and not intended for regular use. They are also not intended to perform in the same way as a woodburner. There are of course still some important health and safety issues to be aware of even when using a biofire, but we feel the combination of common sense, and reading the safety manual, results in bio fires being an ideal, safer, secondary heat source.
- Why don't the flames go out when i close the shutter ?
- The glass on my biofire has been damaged, can I still use it?
- Can I put any cables or leads behind my biofire?
- How do you properly dispose of empty bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly transport bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly transport a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do you properly store bioethanol fuel bottles?
- Can I put my TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do you properly dispose of a bioethanol burner?
- How do you safely dispose of bioethanol fuel?
- How should I store the bioethanol fuel?
- Do ethanol fireplaces need to be vented?
- Can you put a TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do I extinguish the flame on my biofire?
- Can I pour bioethanol fuel on top of existing fuel?
- Can I put a shelf above the fireplace?
- Will a bioethanol fireplace trigger my smoke alarm?
- Why has the glass shattered on my fireplace?
- Is the flame on a bioethanol fireplace real?
- Can I add an accelerant to the bioethanol fire?
- Are ethanol fireplaces dangerous?
- What fire extinguisher should be used in any emergency?