Why has the glass shattered on my fireplace?
We use toughened safety glass manufactured and tested to withstand temperatures that far exceed the heat output of a bioethanol fire. So, under normal use, the glass will not shatter, degrade, or become dirty.
However, shattering of the grass may occur if it has taken an impact or been knocked accidentally. It could be that the damage is not immediately noticeable, but continued use may progressively weaken the glass's performance, increasing the risk of shattering. Regularly check your glass for any signs of small fractures or cracks, especially after it may have been knocked. Contact us for a repalcement if any problems are seen.
Keep fireplace accessories away from the glass
Under normal use, the glass supplied with your ImaginFires biofire should never crack, split, or shatter. However, ensure that all fireplace accessories, such as ceramic pebbles or logs, are clear of the glass.
Don't let anything touch the glass while your fire is burning (even approved accessories), as this could cause damage to the glass. That goes for the outside of your fireplace — make sure nothing touches the glass while your fireplace is heating your room.
Can I get the glass replaced for my bioethanol fireplace?
If your fireplace glass has become damaged or shattered, don't hesitate to contact us for a replacement.
- Are log burners dangerous?
- The glass on my biofire has been damaged, can I still use it?
- Can I put any cables or leads behind my biofire?
- How do you properly dispose of empty bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly transport bioethanol fuel bottles?
- How do you properly transport a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do you properly store bioethanol fuel bottles?
- Can I put my TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do you properly dispose of a bioethanol burner?
- How do you safely dispose of bioethanol fuel?
- How should I store the bioethanol fuel?
- Do ethanol fireplaces need to be vented?
- Can you put a TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- How do I extinguish the flame on my biofire?
- Can I pour bioethanol fuel on top of existing fuel?
- Can I put a shelf above the fireplace?
- Will a bioethanol fireplace trigger my smoke alarm?
- Is the flame on a bioethanol fireplace real?
- Can I add an accelerant to the bioethanol fire?
- Why don't the flames go out when i close the shutter ?
- Are ethanol fireplaces dangerous?
- What fire extinguisher should be used in any emergency?