Do bioethanol fires produce heat?
Are bioethanol fires warm?
Perhaps surprisingly, this is a very common question that confuses many people!
While biofires are not intended as a primary heat source for your home, your bioethanol fireplace gives off plenty of heat, with much better fuel efficiency than a wood-burning stove (which loses around 40% of its heat up the chimney).
So with our fireplaces you can close off the chimney (with a proprietary chimney sock or similar) and finish off above the fireplace with a piece of fireboard or similar for that added bit of protection.
Do bioethanol fires give off heat?
Yes. The real flame provides a cosy atmosphere, but it also produces a comfortable toastiness for your room.
However, we don’t recommend replacing your central heating system with a bioethanol fireplace as it will not produce enough heat and will be expensive to run. But for supplementary heat, you’ll love the comfortable warmth produced by your bioethanol flame.
Our fireplaces are ideal for those cooler summer evenings when you don’t want to heat the whole house, just taking the chill off a room and alternatively are also great for that added boost of heat in a room on the colder winter evenings.
How much heat does a bioethanol fireplace produce in Kilowatt-hours?
In technical terms, bioethanol fireplaces produce around 3 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of heat when the fuel gauge is fully open.
To give you an idea of how hot this is, the average electric fire will generate around 2kWh of heat. So, depending on the size of your room, your bioethanol fireplace gives off heat that maintains a comfortable, consistent temperature.
Wood-burning stoves and open fireplaces generally generate around 5kWh of heat (depending on their size), but this is often too hot for small-to-medium-sized rooms. So, you should find that your bioethanol fireplace gives off plenty of heat, even for deep midwinter.
If anything, you may find that a full bioethanol flame is a little too hot for your tastes. Fortunately, the easily adjustable slider on the fuel box will allow you to reduce the strength of the flame as you desire.
- What are the different types of bioethanol fireplaces?
- Can bioethanol fireplaces be used as a primary heating source?
- How do I light a bioethanol fireplace?
- I didnt receive all my items at same time!
- Are there any emissions from a bioethanol fire?
- Are bioethanol fireplaces safe?
- Do I need the large or small log set?
- What flooring can be used with my biofire?
- Do I need a chimney for a bioethanol fire?
- How does a bio ethanol fireplace work?
- Can you put a TV above a bioethanol fireplace?
- Do Bioethanol Fireplace suites require a hearth?
- Does bioethanol fuel evaporate?
- Can a biofire be placed flat against a wall?
- How long does bioethanol fuel last?
- Do I need the large or small set of logs for my bio fire?