Assembly / Setup FAQs
Assembly / Setup FAQs
- How should I use the pebbles or logs that are available to purchase?
The pebbles and logs that we sell are for decorative purposes only. You must NEVER COVER THE OPENING of the steel fuel box with anything, including pebbles and logs. They must only be placed AROUND THE OPENING We also advise you to remove them when filling the fuel box with bioethanol fuel, to avoid accidentally spraying fuel on them. Any spillages should be wiped off before lighting the fire. Do not allow the pebbles to touch the glass.
- How quickly can I expect to be using a bio ethanol fireplace when it arrives?
Our bioethanol fires are aimed at those of us with little time to waste.... Many of our bio ethanol fires require absolutely no installation. They may only need some very small final assembly but on most of the fireplaces, this will take just a few minutes. Typically...it may involve inserting the protective glass into its slot, or putting the fuel box inside the housing. Really easy! Just make sure that any room you use the bio fire in is well ventilated.
- How do I light my bioethanol fireplace?
Never use any matches, use a firelighter. If you have bought our Bio fuel, then it comes in a handy squeezy bottle, so there is no need to decant it first....just gently squeeze direct into the stainless steel fuel box within the bioethanol fireplace. Always clear up any spilled biofuel on any part of the bioethaol fireplace or surrounding area before you light it.
- How do I fix a bioethanol fireplace to a wall?
You'll be pleased to know that its really very simple! Instructions and fittings will be supplied with your fireplace, The exact process depends on what type of wall you want to fit the bioethanol fire to. However for most brick and plaster walls, you will just need to drill the wall and insert the supplied rawl plugs, and then screw in the brackets supplied. For other wall types seek advice for fixings from your local DIY store or reputable builder. The walls on which the Bioethanol fire is attached can also become very warm, so young children should not be allowed to touch the walls around this area.
If your wall mounted Bioethanol Fireplace does not have a top section or "roof" over the fire (e.g the Alden Bio Fire), then we suggest you leave an additional gap of at least 60cm gap around the sides of the Biofire. This area can be reduced to around 30cm for biofires with a "roof" over the fire, e.g the Fuego models.
- Do i need to have a flue or chimney?
No costly flues or chimneys are required, as our bio ethanol fireplaces burn cleanly without giving off any smoke or soot !
- Before you use the Biofire for first time!
Before using your imagin bioethanol fireplace for the first time, we suggest you do the following quick checks:
- Check the steel fuel box for any small remnants of packaging that may have fallen inside the fuel box or the fireplace. These can cause some small amount of smoke if not removed. If you have a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle, we suggest you use this.
- Fill only to the 'Max' mark inside the fuel box. Using less than 1 litre of fuel on first use may not allow the liquid to ignite properly. NEVER FILL PAST THE 'MAX' MARK
- During the filling of the fuel box, some biofuel may have unknowingly splashed or sprayed outside of the fuel box and onto the fireplace or accessories (logs, pebbles). Please clean away any spilled fuel before lighting.
- Can a free standing bioethanol fireplace be placed flat against a wall?
For free standing bioethanol fires, we suggest when they are in use they are moved a minimum of 100mm away from the wall before being lit, and then returned once cooled and you have finished using them. Most of our bioethanol fires can be moved this distance by just one person. Never move the fireplace when alight or when hot !
- How much space should I leave around a wall mounted Bioethanol Fireplace?
If your wall mounted Bioethanol Fireplace does not have a top section / roof over the fire (e.g the Alden Bio Fire), then we suggest you leave an additional gap of at least 60cm gap around the sides of the Biofire. This area can be reduced to around 30 cm for biofires with a 'roof' over the fire, e.g the Marlow models. The walls on which the Bioethanol fire is attached can also become very warm, so young children should not be allowed to touch the walls around this area.